17 July 2015

Massive Insane Scanner

Got it. Tested it. It's HUGE and really, rather heavy. 4.5 kilos/10 lbs. Looks like it's from the 1990s even though it's new. But it can scan properly, at an insanely fab resolution. The only improvement I'd inflict on it would be platen size (the scannable area on, er, the glass bit where you put stuff). I have loads of bristol boards --~28 cm by 35.5 cm/11in by 14in--that would love to be scanned without Photoshop stitching (not really that much of a problem, just takes fiddling). To this day, however, such larger scanners run into the tens of thousands of... yes.

Really awesome, though, golly.

Here are some astonishingly lovely cards from 1911-1924, some of which have more correspondence than others.

Zoom on the bottom right card, the front, with the initial 'G'. See the nacre/mother-of-pearl? It's incredible. Another one to zoom in on: bottom left. Look at all of that coloured silk. The lacey detail about the edges! This is the one printed in Hebrew and German.

Backs of all cards as well as insides below.

FRONT:

INSIDES ONE:

INSIDES AND BACKS AND OTHER:



The other booklets--I'm gettin' there! :-)

No comments: